Let me preface this with, I'M NOT CLOSING!
Not that anyone has suggested I am! I just know when people start talking about change, my overactive mind sometimes goes to, OMG WHAT'S HAPPENED...
So let me explain the changes happening at Baked by Lou and bear with me while I ramble....
For many moons now, I've released my polymer clay designs in collections and they have been made to order, in as many quantities as people have wanted. It's been an unpredictable guessing game at times, 'Oh people like these earrings, keep stocks up' *makes heaps of the same earrings week after week* vs.'nobody has bought this...be sad and delete it, question why you bother'.
Honestly, sometimes out of 15 new pieces, there may be 3 pairs of people when I get repeat orders of designs (I am never not grateful!!!), but disheartening for other work I've made (this is a pressure I put on myself,, nobody else's fault for not buying!) Fir example, I've stuck to the safety of speckle hoops that have been popular since I made then years ago.
But I sense my creativity in jewellery design waning....
SO, let's keep this positive. Assuming people still want to buy Baked by Lou goodies, the changes I intend to make are as follows:
- Small batch, one-off pieces (I might make two of a piece if I fancy at the time) but once they're gone, they're gone!
- Kind of like a limited edition collection, you'll get a pair of earrings that I won't repeat
- I'll release collections with a countdown and advanced warning e.g. new drop going live on d/m/y
- I probably won't follow seasons, I will follow my creativity!!!
- I will release collections when inspired to make and I'm totally happy with every single piece
- No more made to order in unlimited quantities week after week
I started Baked by Lou just like this. Once a pair of earrings was gone, I was happy knowing they're heading to that owner and they were completely unique. Honestly, clay is hard to replicate exactly the same over and over, that's the beauty of it! It's kind of the same approach I'm taking with the ruffle headbands atm anyway.
I can't tell you how much relief I feel saying this out loud. Juggling a number of jobs and the *c word*...Just making this conscious decision has helped my mental health (you may have seen I've taken some time away from Baked by Lou insta) So I'm now going to spend some time working on new designs!!! I can't wait to share them. Sneak peak of some one of necklaces I played with recently, that might be in the next update whenever that may be...watch this space...